Sunday, December 30, 2012

Top Ten Recipes of 2012.


2012, you got in there and got it done

Somehow between moving, starting a new job, un-long distancing my relationship, traveling three times, always, always unpacking, watching and re-watching The Hunger Games, and figuring out just how to be an adult, I somehow found time to brown that butter, bake a whole lot of cookies, and put chocolate chips in basically everything. 

It was a good year... and you were there! I know this because all numbers point to you being just as obsessed with brown butter and chocolate as I am. What were you into this year? I'll totally tell you. 

10. Cheesecake Cookie Sandwiches Two Ways: Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk & Strawberry Shortcake

This year's go-to chocolate chip cookie sandwiched around a creamy cheesecake filling + the origins of my brown butter obsession. If you haven't put that rich, nutty brown butter flavor in your chocolate chip cookies, then I may have a New Year's resolution for you. 


9. Coconut Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies were inspired by my fleeting springtime obsession with mocha coconut coffee. Crunchy, toasted bites of coconut, mini chocolate chips, and a whole lot of coffee flavor.


8. Oreo-Truffle Swirled Chocolate Chip Cookies

Inside my head I'm constantly thinking a whole lot of crazy. Like ... what would Oreo cheesecake taste like swirled into a chocolate chip cookie? These cookies were brought to you by that kind of thinking. 


7. Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Kiss Blossoms

The very best thing I baked this fall and the first thing that'll come out of my oven October 1, 2013: chewy cinnamon cookies rolled in sugar and topped with a pumpkin spice Kiss. 


6. No-Bake Coconut Graham Cracker Bars

These no-bake bars are a total picnic/summertime situation. A layer of graham crackers + a sugary coconut pecan pie-like filling + more graham crackers + a cream cheese frosting = the only kind of math I can handle during the summer.


5. Banana Monkey Bread Muffins

These were one of the only muffins I made during 2012... and they're the reason "make more muffins" is on my 2013 baking list. If you love banana bread and you love monkey bread, these muffins are basically the best thing ever... especially warm from the oven and freshly-glazed.


4. I Want To Marry You Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies made in a pot on the stovetop and full of oats, cinnamon, chocolate, and white chocolate chips. I may not have a ring on my finger... but these cookies got me whisked away to Monterey for a romantic weekend of ocean, sand, aquarium dates, one or four margaritas. 


3. Triple Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies

Why are we all so obsessed with Oreos? I have no idea, but this is what last January looked like to me... the first cookies I made 300 miles from home.


2. Chocolate Crinkle Kiss Cookies

I posted these cookies just one month and they're already the second most viewed recipe of 2012. Did you put these in your Christmas? These were the cookies that got me through all of December, through the Christmas shopping, late-night wrapping, and those moments I'm not even ashamed of where I needed a cookie to just plain function.


1. Cakey Lemon Bar "Brownies"

Somedays these cakey lemon bar brownies are all I can think about... and I'm so happy they're your most viewed, most favorite of 2012 too. Thick and dense as a chocolate brownie, covered in a sweet lemon icing, and baked with a crazy good/totally necessary amount of fresh lemon juice and zest? Stop it. This is a "when life gives you lemons" situation I hope 2013 finds myself in.


Did you bake any of these this year? What was your favorite? What would you like to see more of in the coming year? Inspire me!